Women's Initiatives Funding
The Women’s Initiatives Committee (WIC) was formed as an adhoc committee to address Sport Canada guidelines to generate more female participation in skydiving. The WIC is dedicated to not only increasing female participation by recruitment, but retaining our current participants by offering them training and development opportunities. The WIC is now accepting funding requests for events/individuals/teams that will offer women access to new opportunities, as well as foster self-empowerment and inclusion.
Applications will be reviewed and awarded funding based on (but not limited to) the following guidelines:
- All Athlete Development Funding Guidelines are met
- Goals that offer females access to new opportunities, and foster self-empowerment and inclusion
- Relation of the goals to the safety and development of female skydivers
- Level of involvement of females in the event or initiative (as participants, coaches, applicants and/or organizers), in a manner that will promote or support the committee’s objectives.
Funding will NOT be applied directly to any of the following:
- Jump tickets
- Pack jobs
- Tunnel time
- Items 1 through 3, for coaches, organizers, or videographers.
- Obtaining ratings or CoPs
The payment of any allocated funds will only be paid to a CSPA Registered Participant in good standing, upon completion of the event or initiative, except where CSPA has received the conditional arrangements with the individual or group in question.
Requests for funding should not exceed $500.
Please ensure that your application contains complete details as the decisions regarding funding approval are based on the information provided at the time of application. All decisions regarding approved initiatives are final.
The committee reserves the right to refuse or retract funding at any time if it is determined that an event has not complied with CSPA’s rules and regulations, or if the event or initiative details have been misrepresented. If changes are made after the time of application that could affect the event’s eligibility for funding, the committee must be notified in writing as soon as possible after the change is known.
Applications should be submitted in the following manner:
- Complete the Athlete Development Funding Application
- Complete the additional Women's Initiatives Application
Deadline for applications is April 15th, 2017. All application requests will go to the committee for approval and applicants will be notified (when possible) by May 1st.
Chair-Women's Initiatives Committee