Welcome to the Membership Renewal page
$89/year - Regular member is the normal way of either joining CSPA or renewing your membership. When using regular membership you are affiliated with a Member Club either as a regular jumper or as a student etc.
$99/year - Member at Large is for those people who do not wish to be affiliated with any club. These are usually people who are moving around a lot and jumping at many different drop zones. A slightly larger yearly fee is charged for this kind of membership.
CSPA Drop Zones and Clubs:
Most have a website for further and updated information.
What is CSPA?
- A non-profit membership association dedicated to the continuance, improvement and promotion of safe skydiving in Canada
- The National Sport Organization representing parachuting in Canada.
- A member of the Aero Club of Canada and the Canadian representative to the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI)
- Affiliated with the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) and is a sport in the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
What does your CSPA membership provide?
- Membership plus a Certificate of Proficiency (CoP) provides you with the opportunity to skydive at CSPA and FAI affiliated drop zones worldwide
- A twelve-month subscription to CanPara magazine (6 issues)
- $3,000,000 against liability for third party bodily injury & property damage.
- Property damage deductible assistance.
- Guidance and advice on parachuting activities through the Coaching and Technical committees.
- Access to CSPA/FAI CoP's. Awards, Sporting Licenses and Exhibition Jump Rating.
- Access to courses and seminars for Coach, Instructor, Rigger and Judge ratings.
- Membership plus an EJR allows participation in demonstration / exhibition jumps.
- Membership plus a CoP allows participation in CSPA / FAI sanctioned competitions.
- Access to legal aid for Member DZ operators and members holding valid CSPA ratings or a pilot's license.
What does CSPA do for you? It works to:
- Establish minimum standards and recommends procedures for safe skydiving.
- Develop and maintain training programs for many levels of skydiving which include all Coach, Instructor, Rigger and Judge programs as well as the Certificates of Proficiency (CoP).
- Provide technical and skill formation and promote the sharing of this information among members to increase ability levels and rates of progression for recreational and competitive parachutists.
- Maintain affiliation with the NCCP and CAC in order to stay current with coaching techniques and strategies. Because of NCCP involvement, the Canadian Professional Coaches Association and the National Coaches Certification Council recognizes our coaches.
- Promote the benefits of sport parachuting in order to be more understandable and acceptable to the government and public at large to gain their support.
- Represent parachuting interests at provincial and national levels of government.
- Protect the rights and privileges to enjoy the freedom of Canadian airspace for sport parachuting purposes. Keep to a minimum the number of government regulations to prevent undue restrictions on the ability to practice our sport.
- Promote a higher standard of unity, sportsmanship and friendliness among all parachutists.
- Promote the organizing of regional, provincial and national competitions and events.
- Sanction national level competition and select teams to represent Canada in international competitions. Encourage the highest possible level of competitive achievement by athletes representing Canada in international sport parachuting competitions.
- Establish extensive sporting, technical and competitive contacts around the world.
- Assist in the reporting and recognition of world records by the FAI.
- Grant all members the right to be heard as to how CSPA should be run.
- Keep skydivers informed via CanPara, Technical Bulletins, e-mail distribution list and website.
- Provide services and materials in English and French.