The Canadian Sport Parachuting Association is seeking an Editor and Advertising Manager for our bi-monthly Canpara magazine. The editor works with people as much as they work with words. They will manage the translators and writers, editorial workflow around multiple projects, determine the content, assign stories, set schedules and deadlines and ensure that state goals are achieved. The Advertising Manager will work closely with the Editor and manage the advertising contracts for CanPara and liaise with the advertisers for each issue. The positions are available to one candidate or can be divided to two candidates.
Deadline for application: November 30, 2017
- Gather content submissions from CSPA participants
- Read and decide if worthy of publication
- Send to proofreaders
- Send for translation
- File all articles in folders
- Gather submissions from CSPA participants
- Decide which photos to publish
- Make sure all photos are high resolution (300DPI min.)
- Make sure office sends you the CoPs, Team Fund donations, DZ list, and other material
- Gather content from CWC
- Gather content from other CSPA committees when available
- Keep an eye out for new regular contributors (example: dropzones and teams)
- Generate ideas for content and research for contributors
- Maintain communication with Advertising Manager
- Get a bi-monthly list of the advertisers from Ad Manager
- File all ad artwork in ADS folder for each issue
- Create the graphics
- Send first draft version to the BoD as soon as possible for edits
- Make any changes/corrections if needed
- Get minimum two approvals from the BoD
- Send to printer along with # of copies and mailing list
- Make AGM report each year
- Make budget each year
- Education in relevant area of study (ie. Graphic design, translation etc).
- Proficient knowledge in both the English and French language is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience leading news and content initiatives, including ability to lead multiple, high value content initiatives in a deadline-driven environment
- Have a strong interest in and aptitude for serving the Canadian skydiving audience, including news and information and research.
- Show an aptitude for and proficiency with digital media, including web, mobile, social media and other digital content delivery platforms
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional judgment and problem solving skills
- Have results-focused "business" orientation
- Educational experience in graphic design would be an asset.
- Possess excellent writing and management skills.
- Have a reliable internet connection.
- Have good initiative, creativity, determination and self-confidence
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: Remuneration per edition will be commensurate based on experience and the size of the edition.
Canadian Sport Parachuting Association