The ultimate purpose of the championship is to determine the best sport parachutists in each event. The "spirit of the rules" then, dictates that individuals and teams enjoy a fair and equitable opportunity to demonstrate their skills in competition. Exemplary sportsmanship will be required of all participants. Every second year (odd numbered years) winners will be selected to represent Canada at the World Parachuting Championships in all disciplines supported by CSPA. In non-selection years CSPA has supported regional championships, the Eastern and Western Conference Cups. The varying success of the conference cups has lead the Competition and National Teams Committee to consider other options to support in the years a National Championships is not held for selection purposes. Input from the CSPA membership is appreciated.
Nationals - Winners & Scores
The Nationals - Requirements
Information about the Nationals will be sent to CSPA members by way of Canpara, and will also appear in the minutes of the board meeting at which the site was selected. Further information may be obtained by contacting CSPA directly or accessing the CSPA Home Page.
The National Championships are open to Canadian citizens and to those with permanent resident status and more than one year's residence in Canada. Others may compete as guests of the CSPA Board of Directors but may not be awarded trophies or medals for their placement in competition.
CSPA Membership may be acquired directly from CSPA at least 15 days prior to the start of the Championships or at the site of the Championships. Each contestant, at the time of registration, will need the following documentation:
- current CSPA membership card (or an FAI affiliate membership, if non-resident)
- a CSPA "A" Certificate of Proficiency for the individual events
- a CSPA "B" Certificate of Proficiency for the Formation Skydiving, Canopy Formation and Artistic events
- jump logbook
Certificates of Proficiency will not be issued or be available at the site of the Championships.
Competitors must be able to show signed logbook entries to document the jumping performances required for their events. It is the competitors' responsibility to ensure they are registered in the correct event/category. Performance requirements are:
- Open Accuracy Landing: no specific requirements
- Intermediate Accuracy Landing: no more than 500 jumps at registration
- Junior Accuracy Landing: no more than 200 jumps at registration
- Team or Sport Accuracy: no specific requirements
- Open Freefall Style: three corrected series in 15.0 seconds or less (signed by a CSPA-rated judge, instructor, or past national freefall style team member)
- Intermediate Freefall Style: no more than 100 style jumps at registration
- Open 4-way FS: ten 3-way or larger FS jumps
- Senior 4-way FS: same performance requirements as the open class. For teams not wishing to enter the open event and choosing to compete in a class made up of teams not trying out for the National Team.
- Intermediate 4-way FS: same performance requirement as open class. Teams will be entered in the Intermediate event by self-declaration. For teams of lower skill level than Senior Class.
- Women’s 4-way: same performance requirements as the Senior and Open class. All competitors must be women except the videographer
- 8-way FS and 10-way Speed FS: ten 8-way or larger FS jumps (no gender classification)
- Vertical Formation Skydiving (VFS): at least 10 VFS jumps.
- Open Canopy Formation (Rotations, Sequential and 8-way speed): at least 10 jumps during which a successful CF hookup has been achieved and at least 5 of the jumps must be successful 4-way or larger formations.
- 2-way CF: at least 5 jumps during which a successful CF hookup has been achieved.
- Freeflying: at least 10 Freeflying team or group jumps.
- Intermediate Freeflying: same entry requirement as open class. Teams will be entered in the Intermediate event by self-declaration. For teams with lower skill level than the Open Class.
- Intermediate Distance: 500+ jumps at registration.
- Open Distance: 1000+ jumps at registration.